Office Waste Removal
Office Waste Removal
When a company’s established, its founders – naturally – want it to stay in business for ever. But, however much we may want it to be, nothing stays the same for ever – even if, to date, a few UK firms have been operating successfully from the same premises for several hundred years.
In London, for example, the longest-lived firms in the same premises appear to be Berry Brothers & Rudd, one of the UK’s oldest wine and spirit merchants, and the tea company, Twinings. Berry Brothers & Rudd have operated from the same premises since 1698; while Twinings holds the distinction of being London’s longest-standing rate payer, since it has occupied the same premises since 1706.
Yet, in today’s fast-paced, fast-changing business world, it’s more than likely that, sooner or later, your organisation will decide to move premises – or, at least, offices.
Ultimately, your organisation may close - but a refit or re-location is more likely to happen. When it does, one major by-product of the change will be that an amount of waste is generated. This will probably include such things as old office equipment and furniture; fixtures and fittings such as carpet tiles or suspended-ceiling tiles, and even papers.
All of these need to be disposed of and, in these ecologically-friendly days, it’s a good idea to see if as many of these things as possible can be recycled rather than sent to landfill.
That’s where Waste King can help.
We guarantee to recycle, typically, over 95 per cent of each load of waste we collect – and, often, when it comes to office waste removal, that figure rises to nearer 98 per cent.
This not only keeps down the cost of disposing of the waste but it helps the environment. It can also demonstrably reduce your organisation’s carbon footprint – since we provide you with the relevant paperwork not just to show what’s been recycled rather than thrown away but also to confirm that you’ve complied with all the regulations that apply to the office waste removal process.
Moreover, our Environment Agency licensed, fully trained and insured teams always:
- Arrive, by prior arrangement, within an agreed two hour period
- Collect the waste and load it onto their truck – so you need do nothing
- Take almost any waste – including things that can’t, legally, be put into a skip.
- Clean up after the job is done, leaving the office clear and clutter-free
- Do everything with the minimum of fuss and bother (and that even applies to drinking the cup of tea or coffee that you thoughtfully provide for them)
Before you call Waste King, you’ll want to plan the waste removal process. For example, you should:
- Identify what’s ‘waste’ (and, within that perhaps, what can be sold; what needs disposing of ‘confidentially (such as paperwork), and what is ‘rubbish’)
- Tell everyone in the office what these criteria are – so they can help
- Physically separate the waste from everything that isn’t ‘waste’
- Work out how much waste there is (for example, a few bin bags full or a lorry load) – to help you decide how best to deal with it
- Get quotes from local, licensed waste carriers such as Waste King
If you want to know how you can get the most cost-effective deal when it comes to collecting and disposing of all your waste, contact us on:
Freephone: 0800 141 2778 or, from a mobile, call 01442 210034.